Friday, October 9, 2009

Hey y'all.

Oh, my gosh. I am dead on my feet. The Princess was wide awake at 4:00am, and has not been back to sleep since. Which means I've been up since 4am and have not been back to sleep since.

And this is after falling asleep past midnight, for me. She went to bed at her normal time. I really tried to fall asleep, went to bed around 10:30pm, but I just couldn't get there.

And then she woke up at 4 in the morning!!!!! I tried in vain to get her to go back to sleep, but it was no use. I ended up getting smacked in the face a couple of times with a flailing hand, and one well-placed foot in the mouth had me out of the bed by 6am.

Anyone who knows me even a teeny-tiny bit knows I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!!

I think the sunrise is evil, not beautiful. I prefer to crawl out from under a mountain of blankets and pillows to the bright, happy sunshine of mid-morning.

So saying I have been in a grumpy mood for the last few hours if a bit of an understatement.

But the boys are off to school, and with any luck, I can get the girl to take a nice long nap this morning. And I will be joining her.

Hope you all have a great weekend that involves plenty of rest. That's what I'm hoping for!

Later.

No comments: