Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The First Day of School

TA DA!!!!

It's finally arrived . . . the First Day of School! I just can't describe how happy I am today. There are no words.

We got the twins to school a little early, although the parking lot and street around the building were completely packed.

Twin B was super easy to get into class because he's actually in the same room as last year. New teacher and new grade, but they switched some of the rooms around and he ended up in the same spot.

Twin A was a little more stressed; new grade, new teacher, and new room. He likes to know EXACTLY what he's supposed to be doing, and gets nervous when he's in unfamiliar situations. But Hubby and I got him settled and coloring before we left.

And Mommy and the Princess are hanging out watching Sesame Street.

The morning almost ended up in disaster when I woke up at 5am with a splintering migraine. I thought my skull was cracking wide open. My usual cure for a migraine is take 2-3 Tylenol and then stand under a steaming hot shower for 15-20 minutes. Then I lay in complete darkness and silence to give the medicine a chance to do its thing.

And normally, this works.

But this morning I woke up disoriented from my throbbing skull and skipped the taking-medicine-first step. I hopped straight into the scalding shower and boiled myself for 20 minutes, and felt only slightly better.

Then I remembered the Tylenol, took a couple of pills, and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

But the headache wasn't getting any better.

Finally, with help from Dear Hubby massaging my scalp just before 7am, the migraine finally went away. So we are both very tired today. Hopefully the Princess and I can take a nap later, and Hubby can go to bed early tonight.

And that is what's happening with us.

The boys are in school!!! YAY!!!!!!

'Nuff said.

Later.

No comments: