Friday, July 24, 2009

The Not-So-Clean Spree

Hello, all.

Well, the great cleaning spree got off to a S-L-O-W start. Like wading through molasses and cement. I have a big problem cleaning, messes being made behind me as I go, and re-cleaning the same areas twice, even thrice.

Plus we've had neighborhood kids visiting, and it's impossible for me to clean while they're here. I'm constantly checking up on them and worrying what they're doing (like using the closet shelf as a high-dive to the bed).

Since this has been going on for a couple of days, all children who want to play at this house will be locked outside and may only come in for medical emergencies. Or they can play at another house for the day.

And this is mostly for my benefit. All the kids (my sons and their friends) can be a trial, but they're really just looking for something to do on a long summer day. They're good kids (I really want to believe that's true), and don't want me being Attila the Hun, breathing down their necks, and screeching at them every few seconds because they got something out and didn't put it back, or accidentally spilled a drink on the floor I just cleaned.

So we'll see how this goes.

It's shaping up to be a busy day, and a busy weekend, so I'd better get to it. Hope you all stay safe and cool. Have fun!

Later.

No comments: