Friday, July 10, 2009

Controlling the Uncontrollable

Well, since my last post, Mrs. Grump has gone on a mini-vacation, but she could be back at any moment.

The kids have been bribed into cooperating for the next couple of days. The twins are determined to see the new Ice Age movie, and I have used their desire to go to the movies against them. (Insert evil laughter: Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!)

So far they have cleaned their room, picked up all their toys around the house, picked up all their toys and junk on the back patio, and have promised to help pick up the toys they got out in their sister's room and the spare bedroom.

And I've come to the conclusion that we have WAY too many toys in this house.

The fighting has been contained to the minimum brotherly spat because I threaten them with not going if they continue to fight. They grumble, but the screaming and hitting have stopped for the time being.

I'm just going to have to resort to mafia tactics to keep the kids under control: bribery, threats, torture (taking their toys away and forbidding video games), and confinement when I want them to behave.

Sounds like a plan to me.

I hope y'all have a great weekend. Stay cool and safe.

Later.

No comments: