Monday, July 6, 2009

Hey everyone.

Sorry no post on Friday. We were at my mom's house since Thursday evening, and she has no Internet access, lucky woman.

Well, we had a good July 4th weekend. It started Thursday evening with dinner at my brother's house. The Princess loved chasing the dogs and kittens around their yard. The boys were pretty well behaved, and did much better after we let them play Mario Kart on Wii.

Then Hubby and Mom took the kids home, and sister-in-law and I watched the movie Taken. VERY GOOD. How far will this guy go to get his daughter back? Apparently all the way, and taking out anybody even remotely connected to her kidnapping or who gets in his way.

Very Cool movie.

Friday, Hubby took the boys to the farm with my brother, and the Princess and I hung out at the house. Mom got off work early, and we all went to the swimming pool that afternoon.

The twins wore their life jackets in the deep end of the pool and had absolutely NO FEAR going off the diving board. They jumped, dove (sort of), and flipped (yes, really flipped) off that diving board until I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I was sure they were going to break their necks, but they returned home safe and sound.

The Princess napped while the boys watched a movie after swimming. Mom sent Hubby and I to dinner and a movie (The Proposal, which was super funny, at least I thought so), and we had a great night. THANKS, MOM!!!

Then we went to the farm Saturday morning, got groceries that afternoon, and kept the kids entertained as long as we could until it was time to go watch the fireworks. We saw one show in a nearby town, not a huge show, but it was nice just the same, and then we came home and went up to my sister-in-law's parents' house and watched them and the neighbors set off fireworks. And that lasted for over an hour.

Poor Hubby started to feel sick before the first show, and stayed home with the little girl during the in-in-laws show.

We went to church the next morning, but again, Hubby stayed home and he still doesn't feel all that great today, either. Head cold, which really stinks, but hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.

We came home yesterday afternoon, and tonight we have an End of the Season Pool Party for t-ball. And then I think we can rest easy for a couple of days. At least, I hope so. I'm really tired and looking forward to a few days of staying home and doing . . . nothing!

Hope your week goes well.


No comments: