Friday, June 19, 2009

The Love of the Game

Good Morning.

I'm a little late getting to the blog today. The kiddos are already on the fast track to getting on my last nerve and I have a feeling today is going to be a long, hard test of my patience.

But on a happy note, the boys' t-ball team won both of their games this week. They played well, and are getting better at fielding with every game.

They are kind of funny. Twin A has a better grasp of fielding, and is doing better at stopping the ball and making plays. Twin B is a better hitter so far, and seems to be making doubles and RBI's more frequently.

Both boys seem to love the game and I keep waiting for the day when they tell me they're tired of playing.

But according to my husband, he never outgrew his love of playing. I know that if he could find an adult softball league close by, and our kids weren't such a handful right now, he'd be playing for sure. So he isn't convinced they will ever want to stop.

I guess we'll just have to see.

We'll be going to another tournament this weekend, but not for us this time. It's for hubby's little cousin, a darling girl who I just adore, who is playing fast-pitch softball. I'm pretty sure she's 10, although she may have turned 11 this year (I'm so sorry I don't remember, sweetie!!!), and I hear she's a pretty great player.

I can't wait to see her in action, although the heat is really gonna stink.

Oh, well.

So I guess that's it for us. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll be back online Monday.

Later.

No comments: