Friday, June 5, 2009

Fishing Trip

Hello, all.

It's Friday. Yippee!!!

Actually, I have extra reasons to be excited about this weekend. Hubby took the boys on a fishing weekend in Arkansas with one of our best friends.

YAY!!!

It's just me and the Princess until Sunday night. I can't believe how excited I am about this.

It really didn't dawn on me until yesterday that the afore mentioned fishing weekend was this weekend.

Hubby and our Arkansas friend, Paul, have been trying to get together to take the boys fishing for over a year. But schedules kept shifting, other activities popping up, and life just interfered.

And we've been so busy with t-ball and other activities, I just didn't get that it was time for the trip.

Now, I have to say, the mom in me is TOTALLY freaking out. What if they drown? What if they get bitten by a snake? What if they get bitten by a spider? Kidnapped? Run over? Broken bones? A nasty cut that gets infected?

I could work myself up into a full-blown panic. But I have prayed every hour, on the hour, threatened my husband within an inch of his life to keep an eye on them, and threatened the boys themselves to listen to their Daddy and Paul, and do everything they are told.

We'll see how that goes.

So the Princess and I will be playing, eating lots of sugar, and working on my manuscript. Well, she'll just watch me type and try to push a key every now and then.

And hopefully it will be a safe and happy weekend for everyone. Hope your weekend is safe and happy, too.

Later.

2 comments:

Tinsley Family said...

hope they are having a wonderful time with my hubby :)

Denice Stewart said...

From what I've heard so far, this is "the best weekend ever!"

So I'd say they've had a great time!