Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Searching for Organization

I've been thinking about it, and I have come to the conclusion that I need to get organized.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon (off and on) searching for a sheet of paper that needed to be mailed by TODAY! I hunted all over the house, through every stack of paper in every corner, and still couldn't find it. My hubby came home and I told him the sad tale of my diligent search. He walked over to my desk while I did another search of our bedroom. He appeared five seconds later with missing paper in hand!

"Where did you find that?!"

"On your desk."

"That's impossible. I search every stack of paper on that desk, and couldn't find that form."

He shrugged. "It was right there, folded on the desk."

Good grief.

I've been without my babysitter for the last two days, and with three kids in the house, I'm finding it difficult to schedule my time to get the house clean, keep the kids out of trouble, and get any writing done. I'm typing this as the boys are watching cartoons and eating breakfast, but I can hear the baby waking up, and she needs to be changed and fed.

One of the writer's groups I belong to has been posting questions on our e-mail loop about how to keep your writing life organized. I definitely need to find a schedule that works for me, and stick with it.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: