Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Trails

This shall be my last post for several days. We are off to California in two days, and I can hardly contain myself.

I'll try to post from the road, but . . . well, imagine traveling for two days in a car with three kids under the age of five. I'll be lucky if I have any hair left when we get there, much less energy to blog.

My husband has made this drive before, with his family as a kid, so he has been telling me fascinating stories about the drive, including how hot it was driving through the desert. Apparently my father-in-law became concerned about their van overheating, and they had to kill the air conditioner through the Mojave Desert.

YIKES!!

He said they roasted in the back of the van. I can only imagine, and pray we don't have that problem.

We are taking plenty of movies for the boys to watch, coloring books, and new glitter pens (we'll see how that one goes . . . we might have VERY pretty door handles in our vehicle before the trip is over). We also have books and toys, so hopefully the drive will be bearable.

I am so excited to spend time with family on this trip, and to welcome new members into our family as well. I guess it's safe to say that my family (me, my brother, my parents) have always been a little weird, and when someone marries in, EVERYBODY is IN! Their family, their in-laws, everybody! So I am totally thrilled that my brother, S-I-L, and Mom are going to get to meet Allison's family, as well. I adore her parents, would love to get to know her brother and his wife better, and can't wait for the next time they are in Oklahoma, too.

I'll post when I can. Happy Trails!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Have a fun and safe trip.