Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Friday, everyone.

Okay, I know I've ranted about this before, but I'm gonna go off again because this really ticked me off.

As you all know by now, I have a pretty serious Burn Notice addiction. Love the show. Can't get enough of it.

Last night was the second to last episode of the season. Very exciting. Action packed. Chases, explosions, kidnappings, great lines . . . something for everyone.

So after the episode aired, naturally I went back to watch it again. And all I have to say is THANK YOU to the person who invented DVR. While I'm watching, my satellite signal gets hijacked by some clown-shoes in our neighborhood. This has happened before, but we can't seem to figure out how to fix the problem.

I'm fast-forwarding through commercials, the signal stealer is rewinding. I'm watching a scene, they start fast-forwarding. I try to go back, but they try to change the channel. This goes back and forth for about 15 minutes or so, off and on.

Then the next thing I know, THEY ERASED THE EPISODE FROM MY DVR!!!!!!!

I almost had a heart attack. The recording guide came up, they flicked through the menu, I was screaming and punching the cancel button as fast as I could, but to no avail.

It was gone. (add sad, weepy music here)

I ran from the bedroom, and met my startled husband in the hallway. After explaining the tragedy that had just occurred (and getting an impatient eye-roll from Hubby), he went into our recordings and tried to fix the problem. But I don't think the problem will be truly fixed until we get someone from the satellite company out here.

But to add a happy ending to this sad, distraught tale, the episode came on again at midnight and I got that one recorded. I watched all the way through this morning, and am delighted with my show once again.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Later.

No comments: