Monday, February 8, 2010

Well, it's Monday morning, and there are HUGE snowflakes falling in our area.

The school did not call and cancel so Hubby took the boys on his way to work. I'm actually sort of surprised they didn't cancel school today, but then again I understand why they didn't. Usually, the district is very good about not taking chances with so many children riding the bus and cars on the road everywhere, not to mention all the kids that walk.

But they've already missed 4 days of school because of the last winter storm, and I think as long as the roads were considered somewhat passable, the administrators didn't want to take the chance of more days they have to make up at the end of the year.

So I will be waiting for a call that school is letting out early, or just being prepared to get them after school at the regular time. Either way, I'm guaranteed to be driving in a snowy mess.

Not my idea of a good time.

I like to imagine myself pretty confident and able to handle most things thrown my way, but here's my big confession . . . I suck at driving in winter weather. (And I'm probably nowhere near as cool under pressure as I like to think I am.)

The few times I've done it, I've fishtailed all over the road - several times - and it scares the ba-jeebies out of me.

When I have kids in the car, all my concentration is on going slow and keeping them safe, but I always get distracted by other drivers who think they're NASCAR qualifiers, and then I have a little slip myself, and it rattles me for the rest of the drive.

Hopefully today will be a slow, uneventful drive.

Have a great week and keep warm.

Later.

No comments: