Monday, February 1, 2010

Good morning.

Well, I wish it was good.

The boys are home from school again today, and as much as I appreciate the school's commitment to keeping our children safe and not risking travel on still-icy roads, I'm ready to risk life and limb to get them out of this house!

This is the 5th day trapped with the kiddos.

And yes, I used the word TRAPPED!!!

I'm ready to tunnel my way through the snow and let the little critters fend for themselves.

Hubby went to work for a few hours yesterday, and he went in again today.

Lucky dog.

The children are literally climbing anything they can . . . dressers, cabinets, the entertainment center, tables, the walls (not a figure of speech, they are climbing up the walls in the hallway), on door frames, everything!!!

Rooms that were once clean are now filthy, and no amount of Mommy trailing behind them with a vacuum, or picking up in their wake, has made a difference.

Quiet activities like coloring, watching movies, or playing video games have become full-on death-cage matches.

I need some peace. I need to be able to hear myself think. I need to not hear the sounds of disaster when I leave them alone for longer than a minute to use the bathroom.

No more pulling all the clothes out of the drawers and closets.

No more emptying their toy boxes and having to pick up every teeny-tiny toy they've ever received.

No more grabbing a package of crackers from the kitchen, taking off with it, and I find it 10 minutes later crushed into the carpet.

Okay. *deep breath*

I think I'm done with my little rant. I just want the boys back in school, and only one child in the house so I can attempt to clean-up the destruction of this long snow-bound experience.

I hope everyone has a good week and stays warm.

Later.

No comments: