Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not So Great at April Fools

Good Morning. It's Wednesday again. April Fool's Day.

I thought about writing some outlandish tale to fake you all out, but to be honest, I'm just not much of a prankster.

What can I say? Sorry, but it's not my forte.

I read a blog post from an agent this morning that was pretty good, "All the Things You Should Look for in an Agent", with a whole list of the worst things an agent could do. But I ruined the joke for myself by scrolling to the bottom of the page to see if it was a new post or a repeat, and saw her big "April Fools" sign at the end.

But it was funny, if you're a writer and trying to get an agent. Otherwise it was just, huh?

Well, last night the twins asked me if I would go bounce on the trampoline with them, and fool that I am, I said yes.

So I went out and worked as hard as I could for about five minutes to bounce them as high as they could go, which wasn't too high.

And I thought I was going to collapse.

I had forgotten how much exercise it is to bounce up and down for even a few minutes. And I came back in the house breathing hard, sweat pouring off me, coughing like crazy because I still have a little congestion, and overall just worn out!

Which made me realize even more than ever that I am WAY out of shape and need to get my rear in gear to shed a few dozen pounds. Many, many pounds are getting ready to go, and I have a renewed determination to lose the weight.

Because, frankly, if I'm going to be at home all summer with the kids, there is no way I'm going to be able to keep up with them unless I get in better shape. My poor husband will come home from work to find his kids running like wild little animals around the neighborhood, and his wife keeled over in the backyard from over-exertion.

So I will try to keep you informed of my progress, if there is any progress, and hope that I can steadily start to meet my goals.

Now, off to exercise.

Later.

No comments: