Friday, April 3, 2009

Musical Beds

Hello, all.

It's FRIDAY!!! Which for us is just another day, but YAY!

Tomorrow I plan to head for Tulsa for a writer's group meeting, and then we will probably drive over to my mom's house to help at the ranch. My brother called this morning and asked if we could come and help cut trees out of a fence line, and then get all the materials together to start rebuilding the fence.

So we'll see how that goes.

We are re-re-establishing (and no, that's not a typo) the habit of making the twins sleep in their own beds at night. They usually start out there, but at some point in the night, always end up in our bed.

We've had this problem before, and thought it was corrected, but they started waking up and crawling in the bed with us again, which then led to another round of musical beds as we bounced from room to room in an effort to escape all the flailing limbs.

Last night at 4:30am a boy woke up and tried to crawl in bed with us. I made him go back to his room, followed to tuck him in one more time, and went to bed.

30 minutes later another boy, or maybe the same one (I don't know, it was 5:00 in the morning) came in to sleep with us. So I sent this one (or the same one again) back to his room. But my hubby was sweet enough to get up with him this time. He said he'd go in and sit with him for a few minutes.

Well, the alarm goes off, I have no husband in bed with me, and go to check in the boys room to find him half sitting up and half slumped over in our son's bed. The boy is curled along his daddy's side, sound asleep, and so is my hubby.

I have no idea how he could sleep at that angle, but from the looks of it, he'd told the child he would just "sit with him for a minute", and wound up falling asleep himself, in a very awkward position.

So we'll see how this new policy of everybody in their own beds at night goes. The baby seems to be the only one able to sleep through the night on her own. I envy that.

On the exercise/weight loss note, well, there's nothing to report yet. I've exercised at little, not nearly enough, and have lost no pounds in two days. Which is not surprising. I'd probably be worried if I lost weight that fast. Not a good sign.

But I'm also trying to change my eating habits, which is really hard for me. We'll see how it goes.

And that's it for now. Have a safe, fun weekend and stay out of trouble.

Later.

No comments: