Monday, January 5, 2009

Starting the New Year

Good morning, all!

I hope everyone made it through the holidays relatively sane, and are now ready to dig into the new year.

The twins are back in school this morning (thank you, Lord), and the Princess and I are hanging out around the house. Or I should say, disaster zone.

Because we traveled so much over the Christmas break, we did a lot of unloading and dumping of gifts, luggage, and laundry. And I have yet to tackle any of the overflowing piles accumulating throughout the house.

The kids drug out toys from their rooms and the new presents, and they are scattered from one end of the house to the other.

I did most of the laundry before we left, but now those clothes are dirty again and scattered around bedrooms, bathrooms, down the hallway . . . everywhere! So this week, I will be attacking the laundry situation, and tidying up in small increments.

If I try to do it all at once, I get overwhelmed and discouraged. Giving myself permission to clean little bits at a time over an extended period makes the tasks seem much less daunting.

And now it's back to work.

Maybe Wednesday we can talk about resolutions for the new year.

Later.

No comments: