Friday, January 9, 2009

Maybe Next Year

Hey folks!

Today is an official day of mourning.

OU lost to the Florida Gators in the BCS Championship last night. There is great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the house of Stewart.

And I don't just mean our house.

I mean the entire Stewart family. Hubby, his brothers, their in-laws . . . all of them.

This morning my husband was the most subdued I've seen in a long time. I'm not sure how long his period of grief will last, maybe forever, but I have a feeling it won't take longer than finding out his beloved Dallas Mavericks are doing well this year, and he will hang his hat on their chance to go to the playoffs. (And I have no idea how the Mavericks are doing this year . . . they could stink for all I know.)

As far as the resolutions go, I haven't been 100%, but I am exercising and reading my Bible. However, the cookie dough I've been inhaling has probably offset any benefit from the exercise!

The twins are at school having a Fun Day today. During the Fall Carnival, the wind was so strong, none of the inflatables would stay up so the company agreed to come back (today), and give all the kids a chance to bounce, slide, run, fall, etc.

They were WAY excited.

The Princess and I are hanging out, as usual. Her Mimi gave her a pretend Blackberry when we visited their house last weekend (it came from my brother-in-law when he worked for a cell phone company . . . it looks just like the real thing), and the Princess loves it! Thinks she's getting away with swiping someones phone and playing with it.

Other than that, we're just heading into the weekend, which I think is still supposed to be nice . . . very unusual for January, but worth taking advantage of before the cold sets in again. We'll be cleaning out all the kids' closets to make room for all the new gifts they received during Christmas.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Later.

No comments: