Monday, January 26, 2009

Dinosaurs, Heros, and Clutter . . . Oh, My!

Hello, all.

It's an overcast, cold Monday morning here in the Sooner state. We are bracing for snow, and possibly ice. All I can say is I pray we don't get the ice. Snow I can handle, but ice is just sooo dangerous.

And I pray those who do get ice will be careful!

It's dangerous!

Call in to your boss and tell them you can't make it to work. If you have to be there, leave early and drive slow.

And now that my Public Service Announcement is over, I'll get back to the ho-hum tales of writing and parenting and the conflict in between.

So writing . . . I started my next book. This story will follow up with one of the characters in the first novel. One of the great things about this character is I know him pretty well, and have a wealth of funny stories to weave into his book.

But the one thing I'm missing for him is his goal and motivation. I really need to find a goal for him. And actually, I might have the motivation down, but that elusive goal . . . so I am unable to forge ahead because I'm not sure exactly where he's going.

On the home front; my mom, brother and sister-in-law took the twins to see a BIG dinosaur show in OKC on Saturday.

I had a writer's meeting that afternoon, and the baby was sick all weekend (runny nose, coughing, throwing up because of the coughing and drainage), so hubby stayed home with her.

And the boys had a fabulous time! They loved those enormous robotic creatures moving around on the arena floor, and even said one of the dinosaurs looked them right in the eye (and they were on the second level).

It was nice for them to get out without Mommy and Daddy (and we TOTALLY appreciated it), and my family said they didn't act too awful, so I considered it a win-win situation.

We continued to clear out the debris in our house, otherwise known as major clutter and junk, and our bedroom was the target yesterday. Boxes of papers and clothes got shredded or donated, and we'll continue this project until we can get our whole house cleaned up and organized.

For us, it's baby steps, and it seems to be working so far.

Now, I'd better get back to playing with the Princess and working on my hero's goal!

Later.

No comments: