Friday, January 30, 2009

Cereal and Eggs

Hey, folks.

Man, I am tired. So what's new about that? Well . . . nothing. Hubby came home sick, sick, sick last night, and the twins both woke up in the middle of the night with a hacking cough.

That means I didn't get a lot of sleep, which means my post today will be brief . . . and probably not too coherent, either.

The baby seems to be fine, except she's found a new way to entertain herself this morning . . . dropping fruit loops cereal onto the floor, then looking up at me with big fake, innocent eyes saying, "Uh, Oh!"

So I have a lot of cereal to clean up in a few minutes. But at least it's not eggs.

One of my father-in-law's favorite stories is the time he got up to go to work on the Friday before Easter when my hubby and his twin were around two years old, maybe a little younger.

He entered the kitchen to find his sons, standing on a chair in front of the open refrigerator, dropping two or three dozen eggs one by one onto the floor. I don't know if they were saying, "Uh, oh," or not.

Then my F-I-L cheerfully called to his wife (who recalls this story and was NOT amused!), "Honey, the boys made a mess in the kitchen! I gotta go to work. Bye!"

All I can say is thank goodness the baby can't get the fridge door open yet.

And on that happy note, have a great weekend! Stay warm and have fun!

Later.

No comments: