Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Your Typical Resolution

Hello, all.

I hope the week is treating everyone well. We are trying to get back into the groove around here, keeping the insanity to a minimum, and pushing for healthier habits this year.

As you can imagine, it's not going well.

I decided this year as my "resolution" not to just make resolutions, but to actually set goals each month, and strive to achieve them.

My two main goals for January are to read my Bible or do a Bible study lesson/devotional every day, and to exercise for 20 minutes every day. And by exercise, I don't mean 20 minutes of all out, push it to the limit, set world records exercise. I mean 20 minutes of intentional movement I would not normally have done: light aerobics (dancing around the living room with the Princess), taking a brisk walk (and since it's so cold outside, that doesn't happen too often), leg lifts, lunges, squats, crunches, etc., walking in place.

I made it one day.

SO . . . today I hope to make up for missing yesterday by reading twice as much of the Bible, and by fitting in 40 minutes of exercise.

We'll see how that goes. Maybe if I realize how hard it is to make up the difference when I get behind, maybe I will work harder to keep up.

Plus, I have a bet going on with my husband: who can lose the most weight by the end of the month. We haven't settled on the terms for the winner, but I think it will have something to do with a day to do whatever we want on our own while the other one takes care of the kids. But who knows. I may decide there is something I want more down the road.

And I am going to win! The stubborn, competitive streak in me won't let it be any other way. I must win.

I'll keep you posted on how we're doing.

Later.

No comments: