Friday, December 5, 2008

Enjoy the Weekend

Well, good morning everyone. I'm a bit late with my post this morning.

We have been taking Darling Daughter off bottles and moving to a cereal and milk-in-sippy-cups only breakfast.

Boy, has that been fun (please note the sarcasm in my typing). We have one particular cup that is meant to help with the transition by using typical sippy cup lids, but they are made of squishy silicone to simulate the feel of a regular bottle in the baby's mouth.

Great concept.

Except Darling Daughter sucks on the squishy top, gets her mouth completely full of milk, and then lets it all dump down her chin, and dribble from her chest to her belly buuton.

And she only does it with the squishy top. Not the hard plastic sippy cup lids. So I've been standing over her with a wet towel, letting her drink only so much, and then swiping the cup when the milk starts to flow, and soaking it up with the towel.

But I have been off to a really slow start today, and I don't think it will get much better. So much to do, and so little time.

I hope you all have a happy, productive weekend.

Later.

No comments: