Friday, December 19, 2008

Aw, Gross!

Good morning, everyone.

Okay, if you have a weak stomach, I suggest you skip the post today, and browse another time.

Yesterday, my sons had their Christmas parties at school. Hubby and I both got to go, and we spent our time bouncing back and forth between their classrooms.

They both came home with a ton of treats (candy, cookies, chips, crackers, etc.), and asked if it would be alright to have some.

I agreed, and we separated everything into piles. They started eating, I changed the baby and put her down for a nap.

The afternoon wore on, and the boys grazed on their buffet of junk food while I worked on the bills.

In the early evening I put a stop to the candy fest, and told them they could have another piece after supper that night. About thirty minutes later Twin B crawled up in my lap, and told me his stomach hurt. I checked him for a fever, asked if he thought he was gonna throw up, and he said no.

A few minutes later I couldn't find him, and realized he had gone to his bedroom, crawled into bed, and fallen asleep.

I was instantly worried. This is a kid who NEVER, EVER voluntarily takes a nap.

While he slept, his brother and I started dinner, and then Dear Hubby came home. We both checked on him, ate dinner, and waited for him to wake up.

I slipped off into our bedroom later to get some work done, and suddenly I hear my husband calling for me.

I rush into the hallway just in time to see Twin B puke all over the carpet two inches before he made it into the tiled bathroom.

I dodge husband and child, hurry toward the kitchen to grab some paper towels, and come to a screeching halt.

The vomiting incident I witnessed wasn't the first round, apparently. The hardwood living room floor was covered in puke. Covered!

I'll bet that kid hit a ten square foot radius. It was everywhere.

And of course, this is the time the baby decides to investigate that wet, smelly stuff.

SO after getting her clean, I got to start on the floors, and spent two hours cleaning, scrubbing, and disinfecting.

Not my idea of spending a relaxing evening at home with the family.

But Twin B was fine after that, he slept through the night with no more incidents, and is at school today. Hopefully we won't get any phone calls telling us to come get him because he's sick again.

Everyone have a great weekend, and DON'T over-do it on the sweets. Your momma was right. You WILL get a belly ache.

Later.

2 comments:

Tinsley Family said...

Gross is right.. i do have a weak stomach, i should've skipped this one :(

Denice Stewart said...

Well, I don't normally have a weak stomach, but this incident TOTALLY grossed me out.

I had to stop cleaning several times because I thought I was gonna gag.

Not fun.