Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Energy Fix

Hello, all.

Wow. We have had a rough morning.

This cold, trapped indoors weather is making our family nuts.

Seriously crazy.

For three days, the twins have been unable to play outside at school, and I haven't been letting them go out to play in the evening either. It's been 15 degrees outside! No way am I letting them out there to freeze.

But I'm beginning to think I should just let them run wild in the frigid air for a little while, just to take the edge off some of that energy.

Because OH, MY GOSH! they are FULL of energy. Pent-up, caged-in, trapped-like-rats, suppressed energy.

This morning, they were up at 6:30am, chattering away. And they would not shut up. I don't know if they paused to take a breath.

And of course, the morning wouldn't have been complete without the two of them fighting constantly. Also from the time they got up until they left for school.

As much as I love them, I was ready for them to GO! Get out of this house, and take their uncontrollable energy with them.

But they are supposed to have P.E. today, and I pray they have the chance to run wild for an hour, just to help take the edge off.

Or the weather is gonna have to warm up slightly. Just enough to get them out of the house and running around the yard all bundled up in coats, hats, and gloves.

I don't know if I can take another three days of the fighting, yelling, screaming, fighting, jumping up and down on the furniture, fighting . . .

We'll see how it goes.

Later.

No comments: