Monday, September 22, 2008

Home Again

I have returned from the wilds of Minnesota to the . . . well, to the wilds of Oklahoma. Functioning on four hours of sleep, I have been trying to manage my unruly children, who are somewhat interested in my return.

"What did you bring me?" was the battle cry this morning. But at least I got a hug out of the deal.

The conference was too fabulous! I will post more on that in the next few days, but I wanted to put out the good word for my friend, Christy Barritt.

I posted a review of her books Hazardous Duty and Suspicious Minds a few weeks ago. I don't usually do reviews of books, mostly because I don't know what I'm doing, but also because I have to REALLY enjoy a book to say anything about it. I have my favorite authors, who you've probably seen me mention a time or two in my posts, and even they don't always get a mention.

I read all the time (probably less since I've had kids, but still, several books a month), and I have to say, Christy's books are two of the best I've read in a while. I love Janet Evanovich's sense of humor, and Christy captures that same hilarious quality in her stories, without the language or sexual references.

The main character, Gabby St. Claire is feisty and fun. The secondary characters are wonderfully weird, and add superb spice to her mystery/humor recipe for a great book. I cannot say again how amazing these books are, and if you haven't read them, go out and get a copy RIGHT NOW! If you like books, you'll be glad you did.

No comments: