Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby

Happy Birthday to my dear, sweet baby girl!!!

Precious Daughter turns 1 year old today, and I am all in a flutter. I'm so happy she's growing up and watching her discover her surroundings is priceless. She is getting so big, and stirring up trouble with each new move.

She crawls at super-speed; she can pull up on the furniture and take shaky steps while holding onto those objects; she stands independently, but has yet to take those first unaided steps across the room.

She has two bottom teeth, and two more on the top trying to break through, which means lots of drool and chewing on hard, plastic items. Kind of like a dog, but less growling.

I think she is going to have her daddy's ability to eat anything that doesn't eat her first, but she also has her mother's insatiable craving for chocolate. It's a genetic thing.

She loves to destroy all structures (castles, animal kingdoms, pirate ships, garages for cars, railroad tracks, etc.) that her brothers have labored to create, and delights in their cries of outrage. She usually joins in, so all three are screaming at once, and I can't figure out who is upset about what.

She is a joy, a trial (aren't all children?), and a treasure. I am blessed by all three of my children.



No comments: