Monday, September 8, 2008

Eating Crow

Eating crow is not a pleasant thing. It’s a bitter, tough, stringy morsel to choke down. I placed my great faith in the belief that the Colts would emerge victorious over the Bears, but sadly, my faith was misplaced. My beloved Colts lost, and I was forced to eat the despicable crow by my husband, whose beloved Dallas Cowboys defeated the Cleveland Browns.

I am comforted by the fact that my other favorite teams, the Giants, won, and in college football the OSU Cowboys won.

Other items of interest that happened over the weekend:

I do, in fact, get to participate in the book signing. The book ordering glitch will not matter, and I will be able to consign the books through the book store, and therefore, sign at the Mall. YAY!!

One of my sons sat up late with me watching cartoons Saturday night, and we discovered we LOVE Bugs Bunny.

“That rabbit’s funny,” he kept telling me.

“Yes, he is, baby.” I told him, doing my best not to laugh.

The ACFW Conference is less than two weeks away. I am SOOOOO excited. I went to the WIN-ACFW meeting in Tulsa on Saturday, and actually practiced my one-sentence pitch for the first time to another person.

For the last couple of weeks I've been sitting in my car waiting to pick up the boys from school, and practicing, but of course, I look like an idiot talking to myself. I've considered just taking out my cell phone and pretending to be on a call, but I talk so much with my hands, I'm finding it difficult to hold the phone. Plus I'd hate to get into the appointment, and have to hold the phone up to my ear to be comfortable talking to the editor/agent.

Well, I am off to write a few thousand more words on the manuscript. My goal is to be finished by the weekend. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: