Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Day in the Life...

I have to say, I have the deepest admiration and respect for stay-at-home and homeschooling mothers. Ladies, YOU GO!

While I love my children with all my heart and every fiber of my being...they are driving me CRAZY! The twins have only been out of Pre-K for four days (and truthfully they only went to school for three hours anyway), but I really came to rely on that three hours of peace and quiet during the day to keep me sane. We are going to have to establish a daily routine to keep the boys out of trouble, to let me get some housework and writing done, and make sure the baby is taken care of.

The first step has been to hire a babysitter to come to the house three hours in the afternoon and watch the boys. They all go outside to play, the baby naps, and I have been able to work on my manuscript. LOVE IT! (Waving and smiling and hugging Beth!) She is such a sweet girl, the boys already love her, and I know I am right here in the house if she needs help with anything.

Now we need to figure out what to do during the mornings. Today they are content to watch cartoons on TV and build train tracks during commercials. Yesterday, we were not so easily entertained. The fighting over EVERY SINGLE TOY in the toy box started after breakfast, and didn't stop until they went to bed last night.

The baby is easy. She plays with toys in her play-yard and watches her brothers fight. This keeps her entertained for HOURS! Destroying their building projects by running over them in her walker is also a highlight of her day. She surveys the damage as the boys scream and cry to me.

Just another day in the Stewart household.

So again, I admire and respect all the women out there who take pride and pleasure in caring for their children, keeping their homes in tip-top shape, and taking care of any other details around the house. Keep up the great work, and please feel free to share your secrets with the rest of us because I could use all the help I can get.

No comments: