Monday, May 12, 2008

Family Get Together

Another wild and crazy weekend!

This past weekend, my youngest brother-in-law graduated from college. Since we live very close to the town where he went to college, we had relatives staying with us at our house. Wow!

Five children from ages 11 years to 7 months tearing through the house (and yes, even the 7 month old tore through the house because she likes to sit in her walker, kick those chubby little legs, and go, Go, GO!), eating junk food, and drinking caffeine by the gallon!

Now, in my opinion...That's a GREAT weekend. We didn't have to be "on", and by "on", I mean breaking out the fancy china, serving complicated meals, and trying to be a mecca of hospitality. Hospitality ain't my thang! Although I will say there is something to be said for the occasional fancy dinner party. Those can be lots of fun, too. But anyway...

We threw burgers and 'dogs on the grill, ate off paper plates, drank soda from cans, and watched kids run wild in the backyard having a good time. Those are my favorite kind of days: seeing family and friends, hanging out, and everyone enjoys themselves. The house is still messy with toys scattered around the living room and bedrooms, there are soda cans on most of the clean surfaces in the living room, dining room, and kitchen, and I love it! I can't wait to have everyone over again.

We'll fire up the grill, break out the paper plates, and have a blast!

No comments: