Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Daddy's World

Hello, all.

It's Wednesday morning, and I am soooo late getting this posted. I should have done it last night, but I got really excited about a story idea and was trying to get the basics typed out before I lost my train of thought.

And I honestly don't have much to talk about today, which is unusual. I am my father's daughter. I can come up with an opinion and chat about most anything out there. But right now there's nothing but economic woes for the nation and overexcited children at home to talk about.

And since I don't really feel like talking about the depressing economy, I'll talk about the kids.

I picked my sons up from school yesterday while hubby was at a career counselor (paid for as part of his severance package), and got the riot act from my kids.

Where was daddy?

Why was I there?

Why didn't daddy come?

We don't want you to pick us up anymore . . . we want daddy!

When I explained that Daddy was talking to some people who were helping him get another job, they decided they didn't want daddy to work anymore so he could pick them up all the time.

Needless to say, this did not provide a boost to my ego, but Hubby thought it was pretty funny when I told him about it later.

And I guess that's it for us. It's Daddy's world now, and I'm just living in it.

Later.

No comments: