Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday, Monday (La-La)

Good morning, all. Happy Monday.

Well, honestly, is there anything really happy about Monday? Probably not for most people. It's just the start of another work day. Hopping back on the crazy merry-go-round of traffic, work, kids (if you have them), school (if you go), deadlines, hectic schedules, and racing the clock to get your goals accomplished for the week.

But for me, it's a little different. As my dad used to say, "I'm not bragging here," and then he would laugh, a really big, loud, booming laugh because he actually was bragging, but Monday's for me mean the twins are in school during the day, dear husband is off to work being the excellent provider that he is, the baby is content to play the day away, and I get to focus on what I love to do: writing!
So maybe I'm bragging a little.

Hubby and I discussed his job and my writing over the weekend, and he told me he's perfectly content to let me work on my manuscripts and improve my craft. He fully expects me to be published, establish a career, and start earning "the big bucks" so I can be his "sugar-mama" and he can retire.

(Insert eye-rolling here.)

I don't know about his master plan, but I do love the fact that he believes in me, and is willing to let me pursue my dream in the hope of fulfilling his own dreams, as well. We see it as a win-win situation.

On a different note, the twins got glasses last week. They are still getting used to them, and my husband, who also wears glasses, is still explaining proper glasses care to them.

But don't they look cute?!

We'll see you Wednesday!

5 comments:

Scott said...

I think they look great! Happy afternoon!

Denice Stewart said...

Hey! You actually commented on my blog! Aren't you glad I didn't say anything nasty about you today?!!

Scott said...

Yes! I'm a little shocked as well that you were nice to me.

I was thinking ... maybe I could do a guest piece on the topic we were discussing last night. Whatcha think?!

Denice Stewart said...

I think all politics are off limits in our household . . . that is, unless you agree with EVERYTHING I say!

Scott said...

OK, fine. I agree with you. We should just repeal the Constitution and let the Sneetches take over. Their ideas about implementation of a Zax-style republic would certainly reduce our dependence on foreign snozberries.

I hope you're right about this one!