Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just Call Me Mrs. Grouch

Oh, man.

I almost forgot about the blog this morning, and the reason I almost forgot is because my brain is too tired to think straight.

Why is my brain too tired?

Thank you for asking.

My brain is exhausted because I haven't had more than a few hours of sleep for the last 4 out of 5 nights.

And why haven't I been sleeping, you ask again?

Thank you again. I'm happy to share.

My darling, wonderful, adorable, sweet, angelic little girl has been roaming the house at night, refusing to stay in bed, and waking me up every hour or so. I keep repeating how lovely my child is so I don't lose my mind and strap her to the bed to keep her in it.

And naps during the day . . . forget it. She's decided being able to escape from her bed and her room is way more fun than taking her nap.

Of course.

She slept for thirty minutes in the car yesterday while we were driving to pick up her brothers from school and while we waited.

She would have gone back to sleep after the boys got in the car if they would have left her alone, but NOOOOO!!

They couldn't stand letting her sleep. They picked and poked at her until she was wide awake and screaming her head off. Made the car ride home soooo much fun, and the twins are lucky I didn't lock them in a dungeon until puberty. My husband was quick to point out we don't have a dungeon, and I informed him that's what Home Depot and Lowe's are for. We'll build one.

And I think I'm getting a cold.

So now I'm done with my whining and off to make myself another cup of tea. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week, and I hope I manage to get some sleep in the next day or so, otherwise it won't be pretty.

Later.

No comments: