Monday, September 14, 2009

Stuck Inside with the Kids

Good morning, everyone.

I think it's safe to say I have officially lost my mind. It rained all weekend, which meant our hyperactive, need-every-minute-they-can-get-outside-to-run-off-their-excess-energy kids didn't get to play much the last couple of days.

So they tried to make up for it by playing indoors. Wrestling. G.I. Joe. Spiderman climbing the walls. Fastest racers in the world sprinting through the house.

And the Princess took her cues from her brothers.

I thought Hubby was going to throw them all out in the rain, and pneumonia be danged. They drove us both to the edge of sanity, and I'm pretty sure I got bumped over the edge a couple of times.

And the Princess also discovered a "safe" way to crawl out of her crib. Since she is already tall enough to reach all the doorknobs in the house, plus most of the light switches, she was up in the middle of the night roaming the house.

I had no idea. I slept right through it. Which is unusual for me. I wake up at the slightest stir. But I must have been exhausted because I didn't hear a thing. Hubby said she came in, got him, and he sat up with her for an hour or so. Then he laid with her in the guest bedroom until she fell asleep again.

Just a bunch of craziness all around.

So anyway. I'll be off to Denver in a couple of days, so I'll try to post before I leave on Wednesday, but I won't have anything on Friday.

Hope you all have a great week.

Later.

No comments: