Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good morning, all.

Sorry for the long silence on the blog. I've been in Denver and then came home to recover. The conference went great, the workshops were amazing, and I got an invitation to query a publisher, so it was good overall.

My good friend Lacy won the Historical Romance Category of the Genesis contest, which was awesome! She sooooo deserved it, she's a fantastic writer, and I'm looking forward to saying, "Yeah, I knew her way back when . . . "

And I got a mention from the stage, so yay me!

Plus the other REALLY BIG news is now I'm an aunt!

My brother and his wife adopted a bouncing baby BOY. He was born on Friday, and came home with them on Saturday.

About 500 strangers now know all about this child because I ran around the conference telling everyone who would listen about this precious little guy. And I wish I had a picture to show, but NO ONE has sent me any photos to post.

So someone needs to get on that. Not mentioning any names (Mom).

The boys are super excited about their new cousin and just love him. The Princess is a little uncertain. She likes "the baby" (said in a happy, whispery voice), but does NOT like the attention he gets from everyone in the room, and not getting picked up when she thinks she needs it.

This weekend we are celebrating the Princess's 2nd birthday. In fact, her b-day is actually tomorrow, so Happy Birthday, sweetheart. Mommy loves you!

The boys had a t-ball game Monday, which they won, and they have another tomorrow. We'll see how they do. This is a team they haven't played yet. But they are enjoying the season, and it'll be over in a few more weeks.

And I think that's it for now. So much going on, and I hope I covered it all. If I forgot something, I'll try to post about it on Friday. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Later.

No comments: