Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Howdy, y'all.

Going with my cowgirl accent this morning. So, anyway . . .

Another fine day. The boys are at school, the girl is sleeping late (woohoo!), and I am enjoying a few moments of silence before the rest of my day begins.

I will be headed for a writer's conference in a couple of weeks, and I am just getting to the point of putting my "stuff" together for the trip. This includes a LOT of things: clothes, conference notebook (which includes even more "stuff"), copies of the manuscript to use during workshops, arrangements while I'm at the conference, etc.

It's just a lot of planning, and then I also need back-ups for certain parts of the plan in case there are changes along the way. This is just how I roll when I travel. Plans and back-up plans.

Maybe I've watched too many spy movies.

Or maybe I've just traveled with too many goof-balls in my time (mainly myself!) and know that if it's possible to go wrong on a trip, it will.

So I will be spending the next several days preparing, making out my schedule, and looking over alternatives in case the schedule falls apart.

I'll see you again on Friday.

Later.

No comments: