Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good morning, all.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend, got lots of sunshine, and remembered those who've sacrificed for our country.

We've been crazy busy, or at least it feels that way.

We were supposed to play t-ball yesterday and got rained out. Or rather, it poured during the night, and the field was still too muddy by that evening.

We did end up at my mom's for a picnic, but rain and other issues messed with those plans.

On Saturday morning I had a message in my inbox from an agent with an invite to send the first three chapters of my book.

This was great. I planned to work all weekend to revise those chapters and get the them sent ASAP. But it seemed like the harder I tried to work, the more problems kept popping up.

Then we got home from Mom's house, I checked my e-mail again, and there was another message. This was from the coordinator of a contest I finalled in last week.

Anyone who wanted to revise their entry and re-submit for the next round of judging needed to have it to the coordinator by 11am the next morning. This was 8:30pm the night before.

All I have to say is thank the Lord (seriously, I was praying like crazy) I was already trying to get the chapters revised for the agent, because I would never have gotten it done otherwise.

And I have to give a HUGE Thank You to my critique partner and to my husband for looking over the submission for me. They both caught some errors and I was able to get it sent in at 11:01am.

The kids have been pretty good so far, but we're only on day two of summer vacation, so we'll see how it goes.

And I guess that's it for now.

Later.

No comments: