Monday, May 18, 2009

A Fun Weekend

Good morning, everybody.

Wow. Skipped the blog on Friday, and it feels like I've missed a week. So much has happened in the last few days.

I finally got my contest info back. I did not final like I had hoped. But a very good friend did, my critique partner, Lacy!

WOOHOO!!! Sooooo happy for her!!

We went to Tulsa for the weekend (which I'll talk about in a minute), and I got my scores for the contest when we got home.

NOT pretty. Not at all.

All I can say is ouch! So now I feel like it's back to the beginning for me, like a board game. You're doing well and you think you're gonna win and then poof! You draw a bad card and you get sent back to the start.

I'll probably be spending a lot of time going over the comments, studying craft books, and writing out scenes, trying to make them better.

But the rest of the weekend was great. We got to see hubby's family and the kids had a great time playing at the park and in the yard. I got to sleep in, read, and hang out.

We got to visit with my sister-in-laws parents (waving to Jan and Nancy!), who are so sweet, but we had a tiny snag in the overall splendor of the weekend.

The Princess.

Her Royal Highness finally warmed up to my sister-in-law (thank goodness!), but poor Nancy got the cold shoulder. Every time the baby girl made eye contact with the woman, she started howling. Fat crocodile tears rolling down her cheeks. Poor Nancy had to keep her distance and look the other way any time the Princess was around.

It was terrible, and I felt awful. I have no idea what's wrong with this child. She warmed up to everyone else just fine. Maybe next time we see them, she'll be past this phase and ready to have some fun with the girls 'cause I'm tellin' ya, she has no idea how important it is to have female allies in a family full of men.

The rest of the weekend was fabulous, though. The food was awesome, we played cards (and I agree with Jan, the 10 before the king is a stupid rule just meant to confuse people!), and visited with everyone. I hope we get to see all the family again really soon.

And that's it for now.

I've got a ton of cleaning to do, which means I'll get to barely a quarter of it. Oh, well.

Hope y'all have a great week.

Later.

No comments: