Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Potential for Trouble

Hey folks,

We're all mending well after the last few weeks of sick floating around our house.

We were looking forward to the warm, sunny days of spring ahead, but Mother Nature decided to play a little joke, and now it's supposed to be cold for the rest of the week. Which really stinks, because I've been looking forward to playing outside with the kiddos and getting in a little more exercise (which in reality would be all the exercise I'm getting).

So we're just in a cycle right now of being home with the kids, trying to clean up around the house, and working on our own projects.

Well, I'm going to have to find an anonymous soapbox somewhere and start ranting about all the political annoyances I've been watching on the news. I know everyone here (all 3 of you, maybe less) have your own opinions about current events and all things political, and I know my opinion is vastly different from the majority of my family and friends.

So for the most part I have remained silent on the subject, except with my husband, who has no problem mixing it up with me and we get into plenty of fights . . . er, debates in our house.

But I'm beginning to feel a little like a line from the theme song from "Cheers". I just wanna be where troubles are all the same. Where my perspective about the president, the economy, the direction of the nation is shared by others.

Occasionally I don't mind having a good debate about the politics of the day, but I'm not a natural rabble-rouser. I don't like to be the one always in a controversy. I might like to amp up the conflict for characters in my stories, but I don't like to engage in real-life conflicts.

I hate confrontations. I avoid them like the plague. I hide under the couch if I see an argument coming with someone I like.

This would be the people-pleaser in me.

But sometimes I want to strangle the people-pleaser, jump up on my figurative roof with a megaphone, and shout at the top of my lungs exactly what's on my mind. Exactly what I think of everything that's happening in the world, and I don't care who knows it!

However, I know I never will. I just can't bear the thought of others being mad at me, so I keep quiet.

But one day, I may just let loose, and then you'll get an ear-full/eye-full the next time you stop by to check out the blog.

You never know.

Later.

No comments: