Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Weekend

Good Morning, all.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend, and are ready to start the work-week.

We are, sort of.

This whole daylight savings time thing has us all turned around. We WAY overslept this morning, and barely got the kids out the door in time for school.

But thankfully they understand that if they are late so many times they will miss recess, so getting them to hurry instead of their usual fuss and whine routine before grudgingly pulling on their clothes was bypassed this morning.

Everyone is still a little under the weather, and we were the same way all weekend. One of the boys was fine, the other was tired, coughing soooo hard for his little body, and sleeping whenever he could. But he was in very good spirits.

Now, the baby is a different story. She still wasn't feeling well, coughing and a runny nose, but for the most part she seemed to be okay. A little more fussy than usual, but manageable.


My mother-in-law and I came home from a writer's meeting, which was great. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had stopped by and were outside playing with my husband and the boys. The baby was still taking a nap.

Everyone sat outside on the back patio since the weather was so nice, and after a while, my husband took his turn to go check on the Little Darling, and came back out carrying the blurry-eyed, angelic little girl.

Then she saw my sister-in-law. Her baby-face crumpled as soon as S-I-L smiled at her, and she wailed for the rest of the night if S-I-L even looked at her.

I felt awful. This child used to love my S-I-L. She would lay in her arms for hours and sleep the day away if she could. But now, no way.

The only thing we can figure out is that my S-I-L used to have super long, gorgeous curly hair that fell in waves down her back. After they got married she cut it and now has this amazingly fabulous short and sassy 'do that I would sell a kidney for. (What can I say, the girl has gorgeous hair!)

SO maybe the baby just isn't used to the change in hair-style and is protesting the only way she knows how.

But the Princess also had no problem working her magic on my brother-in-law, and now has him totally and utterly in love with her. In fact, she managed to add insult to injury by wailing when she saw S-I-L, but eagerly reaching out for B-I-L to hold her as she cried.

I have a feeling that in a few years the tide will turn, and my sister-in-law will be back on top, and that my brother-in-law will be just another guy watching the football game while my sister-in-law bribes her niece with cupcakes in the kitchen.

We'll see. But overall the weekend was great and I hope our week goes well, and yours, too.


No comments: