Monday, March 2, 2009

Carnivore vs. Herbivore

Good morning, all.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend, and are ready to jump in with both feet this week.

I am not.

Mostly I'm tired and ready for another weekend, minus children. Not that our kids aren't great, and I love them with all my heart, but oh, my gosh.

We have got some whining going on with one of the twins like no body's business. This kid is gonna kill me. I think my husband and I may both suffer from hearing loss and nerve damage from the high-pitched squealing he's been doing.

I've only heard animals in pain make the sounds he's making because his brother got to a toy first, or he was coloring on the floor in the middle of the living room (after we told him to color in his room or at the dining room table) and his little sister ran through, knocking crayons and paper everywhere.

I'm also a little on edge with the whole meatless thing. I knew it would be hard, but I guess I really didn't know what I was in for when I started this.

This will be my sixth day with no meat. I've been eating plenty of other foods; peanut butter, eggs, beans, cheese, etc., but they just aren't the same.

And the funny thing is, I can't seem to get my husband to stop eating my veggie meals!

For example, I made black bean and salsa quesadillas Saturday night. I cooked seven or eight, hoping to be able to save some for lunch the next day. Hubby had a steak in the fridge ready to go.

But he was all over my quesadillas, and I had one left! I asked him what was up with that?

He just shrugged. "Your quesadillias were good."

Well . . . thanks, I guess. Now, stay out of them!

So we'll see how the next few weeks go. I never really thought I'd have a problem keeping my carnivore husband out of my herbivore cuisine, but it looks like that may be the case.

And that's it for now. I'm off to make my yummy oatmeal (said with tongue in cheek; I'd prefer bacon, eggs, and toast . . . especially the bacon!).

Later.

No comments: