Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Okay, getting back into the blogging thing is going to take me some time.

And this morning I am on a major tear. We've lost the remote in the living room. Searched high and low. Can't find it. I'm sure it will turn up in the most unlikely place, but we've searched all the weird places we can think of, but still no remote.

The other problem is that someway, somehow, our satellite signal has been crossed with someone else's in the neighborhood. I'm not sure who.

Essentially, we're battling over what channel to watch, pausing the TV show I'm watching, fast-forwarding and rewinding while I'm watching . . . it's incredibly annoying.

Technology definitely has its advantages, but sometimes I wish it weren't quite so complicated. We can't figure out how to isolate our own signal (meaning my husband can't, I wouldn't even know where to start), and calling our provider hasn't helped.

"We'll look into it," has been the standard answer.

Or, "I don't understand," said in heavily accented English. Not that I'm trying to be politically incorrect, but come on. If the call center in whatever country can't understand me, how are they supposed to fix the problem. Oh, that's right . . . they CAN'T!!!

"It shouldn't do that." And we explain, "Well, it is."

Followed by, "We'll look into it."

Yeah, right.

So this problem has been going on for a while, and it doesn't look to be resolved anytime soon. Most of the time I just ignore it, or work around it, but today it just set me off while my daughter was trying to watch a show and being so peaceful about it (for once), and then the TV started going crazy, which meant she started going crazy, which meant my peace and quiet was ruined.

And nothing gets me ticked off faster than forces beyond my control (and in my neighborhood) wrecking the fragile attention span of my toddler.

When she's distracted, my world is a happy place of lollipops and rainbows.

When she's clingy and only wants, "Hold you, Hold you!!!" the person responsible better watch their back . . . cause I'll be tearing their spine out just as soon as I get my hands on them.

Whew!!! That feels better.

Later.

No comments: