Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello.

Trying to get back in the habit of blogging on a regular basis. Please be patient with me as I get back in the groove.

SO . . .

Hubby's twin from California is visiting family this week. We are driving out to Texas later this afternoon to join the rest of the crew.

Last night we told the boys that we would be going to visit family and staying at a hotel where they have an indoor swimming pool.

They were pumped.

At one point they disappeared into their room and emerged in their swim trunks.

Refused to take them off.

Slept in them.

So everyone went to sleep, and I got up this morning after Hubby took his shower. One of the boys was already up and dressed.

I was very impressed by this. We got everyone around, ready for school, and I drove the kids while Hubby headed for work.

In the car, Twin A and Twin B were discussing our impending trip this afternoon. Mostly, they were talking about all the swimming they planned to do. Twin A paused and said, worriedly, "Oh, no. Mom, we forgot to pack this morning."

I smiled at him in the rearview mirror. "Don't worry, honey. I'm going to pack for everyone today."

"But what about my swim trunks? Don't forget my swim trunks. I left them on the floor in my room."

"I'll get them, sweetheart."

Then Twin B piped up. "You should have just worn them under your clothes like me."

I paused, and tried not to swerve off the road. "You're wearing your swim trunks?"

"Yep."

"Right now?"

"Yes."

"Under your clothes?"

"Yeah."

I rolled my eyes, grinned, and concentrated on staying on the road. I should have known one of my sons getting up early and getting dressed immediately was too good to be true.

And in the back seat, the boys were still discussing the pros and cons of wearing their swim trunks to school so they could be prepared for the trip later in the day.

We'll be headed out later in the afternoon. I hope you all have a great weekend. Stay safe.

Later.

No comments: