Monday, November 10, 2008

Rainy Day Blues

Hey, folks.

Good Monday morning.

Sorry about not clarifying in Friday's post that Veteran's Day is actually TOMORROW, and wasn't on Friday. After I read it again, I realized I hadn't been specific. Sorry about that.

I was all caught up in the proud moment of watching my son singing, and wondering about grandpa, and I didn't specify.

But you should still shake hands with a veteran, or hug one.

I don't know what it is about today; maybe it's the weather (cold, cloudy, rainy), maybe it's the news (crashing economy, hurt children, more lost jobs and lay offs), but I am finding it difficult to see the funny, whimsical, or absurd.

I'm finding it difficult to laugh, and I really like to laugh. It makes the world better. And when I'm looking for a reason to laugh, and find it, I feel guilty for having a good chuckle when it seems like so much heartache and devastation are happening.

Weird, huh?

But seriously, this is one of those "Give it to God" moments. I have to trust in His greater power and strength in all this, or it will consume my simple human mind.

I don't have the answers to all the world's problems. (And I know I've disappointed many of you by admitting that. I know you read my blog for my keen intellect and diabolical genius!) But I do believe God has His hand over all of us, and is working beyond our comprehension to manage the catastrophe we've created.

This is where the test of faith is greatest. When you're in a situation where everything you once found comforting and stable suddenly crumbles around you. This is where the rubber meets the road. Trusting God to meet your emotional, spiritual, and physical needs is . . . well, painful.

It is for me. I struggle. I struggle to let God be God, and me be me, and trust that IN HIS TIME, He will make things right for His children.

There is the central problem I face. In His Time. Ouch. We're an instant society. We want it now. Waiting does not sit well with us. But if we give it time, we can make it through. Just hold on.

Now, I will get down from my pulpit, and hope you all have a good day.

No comments: