Monday, November 17, 2008

Making Plans

Good morning. It's a sunny Monday here in Oklahoma. A bit chilly, but after the gorgeous day we had yesterday, it's hard to complain about the cold this morning.

We had a good weekend, mostly spent cleaning for me, but my dear husband was so sweet, and helped so much. He kept the kids busy, we made dozens of muffins, everybody got to play outside, and overall had a great time.

And today I am back to work on my book. This would be the adult romantic comedy. My big plan, now that I have sent the second children's book to my editor, is to work on the rewrites for the rom-com.

I have to say, this is difficult for me. I've started questioning whether this is the type of book I am meant to write. Should I be working in two different genres? Which is my true joy to write?

And the answer is: both, of course!

If I may be so bold, I think, hope, I can write in both areas, and write well. I plan to finish these rewrites, send this manuscript to the agent who requested it at the ACFW conference, and get to work on the third children's book, and on a new rom-com.

The writer's mind never rests, and I always have a story idea percolating in the back of my mind.

So, I hope everyone has a great week, and I'll see you Wednesday.

Later!

No comments: