Monday, April 28, 2008

The Planting Season

Another day, another blog entry.

This week I will have my first school visit. I am visiting the fifth grade class at Little Rock Christian Academy. Uncle Dave is going with me, and we will have a great time.

Spring has arrived in Oklahoma, and my husband and I are getting ready to build new flowerbeds. I don't know whether to say, "Yay!" or, "Booo!" I am not the green thumb type. Plants do not magically grow under my care. Plants mysteriously die by my hand.

And it's not that I don't like flowers. I think they are beautiful...the colors, the varieties, the sweet aromas, and even the gorgeous butterflies and ladybugs that are attracted to the fragrant blooms. But I have no luck keeping plants alive.

I have no house plants at all. And I am worried about the landscaping we will be doing over the next several weeks. It gets expensive. And I hate to go buy a bunch of healthy, lovely shrubs, bushes, and flowers only to have them croak under my supervision.

But who knows. Maybe when we go to the nursery, they can point out plants that can only be killed if they are set on fire. That would be good. I'm pretty sure I can avoid setting them ablaze once they are in the ground.

So wish us luck. I'll post pictures after we get the flowerbeds made and everything planted.

No comments: